The petition to stop false DAC Reporting against truck drivers has reached 639 . . . keep the signatures and comments coming. This abusive system continues to ruin the livelihood for an uncountable number of drivers:
- “The DAC Report is nothing more than an expensive joke on truckers and a useful tool for employers who cannot face the fact that they run a less than desirable company.”
- “My truck driving career has been unjustly ruined because of the abuses of the DAC service.”
- “I went to a funeral for family and ***** out of Nashville put false info on my dac report.”
- “I totally agree with this 100%. My husband was a new trucker and left a company, neither one of us knew that leaving this company would end his career. We paid out over $8,000.00 for him to become a trucker and now we can not get another company to hire him.”
- DAC does not take what the driver say, even when the driver shows DAC the proof.”
- “8 yrs experience with no wrecks or speeding tickets. can’t even get a job because of false info on my DAC.”
These trucking companies that use DAC as a retaliation tool against drivers, continue “updating” the false information that they have placed on the driver’s report. HireRight, which is now DAC, insures the false information remains on the driver’s report.
- “Quit working for ***** 07-08 and they falsely reported an accident as my fault and continue to report it as my fault every 30 days. I tried several times to get it expunged and ***** came back AFTER 30 days to put it back on. ***** is reportedly paying HireRight to keep a false record on me. So far no company is willing to hire me until the accident is removed and I have been out of work since I quit.”
For companies to do background checks on drivers in order to protect themselves from “potential litigation, fraud, theft and workplace violence,” is understandable. What is not understandable, nor acceptable, is how this system is set up entirely on behalf of the trucking company . . . giving drivers a near zero percentage opportunity to have false information immediately removed from their report.
Even in the case of HireRight, formerly DAC Reporting Services, the trucking company is the customer . . . paying for a service . . . on who’s side do you believe the investigating company will be on?
- “I applied to a company and chose not to even go to work there due to the pay not being reasonable. They then put on my DAC that I abandoned equipment. That report is STILL on my DAC, even though I never worked for that employer.”
STOP False DAC Reporting . . .
© 2009, Allen Smith. All rights reserved.