Sally Baptiste just informed me about a little known Bill that just recently made it to the House of Representatives that is nothing more than an attempt at doing away with our 2nd Amendment Right: Gun Ownership.
The HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009 was just sent to the House and even many gun shop owners do not know about this Bill because it is “flying under the radar.” Basically, this “secret” Bill would make it illegal to own a firearm: any rifle with a clip or any hand gun unless:
- It is registered
- You are fingerprinted
- You supply a current drivers licens
- You supply a SSN
- You will submit to a physical and mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
- Each update – change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and will cost $25.00
- Failure to do so will automatically cause you to LOSE the RIGHT to own a firearm and you will be subject to facing one year in jail.
- There is a child provision clause on page 16, section 305 stating a child-access provision. Weapon must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.
- The Government would have the RIGHT to come and inspect your house to make sure you are storing the weapon safely, away from children, and fine is punishable for up to 5 years in State Prison.
As Sally put it: “This is just a “termite” approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society. Chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.”
The HR 45 Bill was very secretly done, but thankfully, the “word” is getting out.
© 2009, Allen Smith. All rights reserved.